Santa Fe International Literary Festival
[Santa Fe, NM] As expressed on the Santa Fe International Literary Festival website, “For centuries, this maverick city at the edge of the Southern Rockies has been a cultural crossroads, from Native and Hispano peoples whose oral traditions root them in the landscape to a long line of writers whose work imagines and illuminates the American West and the wider world.
“What better place to bring together influential authors, thinkers, and enthusiastic readers for an event as unique and inspiring as the city itself?”
Indeed. We are drawn to those activities that will take place in the traditional setting for storytelling: the night.
2023 programming at the Santa Fe International Literary Festival will include:
- Best-selling and prize-winning authors discussing their work with readings and book signings.
- Authors and other notable figures in one-on-one conversations and thought-provoking discussions.
- Small groups of festivalgoers along with authors stretching their legs (and their minds) during morning meditations, walking tours, and other literary-themed activities.
Of the dozens of sessions and activities, we note the following evening events:
- Fri, May 19, 2023, 6:30 PM
Colum McCann — Reception and Big Stage Session
One of this century’s finest writers and author of the bestselling, transformative “Apeirogon” and “Let the Great World Spin.”
- Sat, May 20, 2023, 6:30 PM
John Irving — Reception and Big Stage Session
Literary legend, lifelong voice for social justice, feminism, and tolerance for sexual minorities, and author of seventeen books, including “The World According to Garp,” “The Cider House Rules,” and “The Last Chairlift.”
- Sun, May 21, 2023, 6:15 PM
David Grann — Reception and Big Stage Session
The No. 1 New York Times bestselling author of such award-winning modern classics as “Killers of the Flower Moon,” “The Lost City of Z,” “The Old Man and the Gun,” and, just published, “The Wager: A Tale of Shipwreck, Mutiny, and Murder.”
The Santa Fe International Literary Festival will feed your mind and heart and send you back into the world inspired, May 19 — 21, 2023.
SANTA FE INTERNATIONAL LITERARY FESTIVAL LINKS